Selecting a family dentist is a big decision that should not be made lightly. Finding a great dentist helps you and your family members maintain good oral health and a high quality of life. Here are a few characteristics you should seek out when you are looking for a family dentist.
Look for a dentist who has undergone advanced training.
- It’s important to find a dentist who has received advanced training and stays current in the industry. This is especially true if you are looking to undergo any cosmetic procedures.
- Dr. Arnold is a Valparaiso native who has a passion for dentistry and helping people in his hometown. Besides completing dental school, Dr. Arnold has undergone advanced training at many well-known institutions.
Look for a dentist who treats you with respect.
- When you visit your dentist, you should get the sense that you are a valued, respected patient. Your dentist should give you his or her undivided attention and you shouldn’t feel rushed. If your dentist treats you as if you are just another number, it’s time to find a new dentist.
- Your dentist should explain any treatments or procedures you may undergo and be willing to answer any questions you may have. Seek out a dentist who gives you thorough information and helps you make educated decisions about your oral health.
Look for a dentist who makes you feel comfortable.
- Fear and anxiety about going to the dentist are very common. Unfortunately, many people allow their fears to prevent them from getting necessary dental treatment. We understand this, and we do whatever it takes to make our patients feel as comfortable as possible while they get the dental treatment they need.
- Our office offers sedation dentistry for patients who experience anxiety. We want to help you relax during your appointment, overcome your fear, and most importantly, help you achieve a healthy smile.
Look for a dentist who is good with children.
- If you have children, it’s very important to find a dentist who has experience treating children and communicating with them. Many times, the fear of going to the dentist develops during childhood, and we want to prevent your child from developing such a fear.
- Dr. Arnold treats patients as young as 2 years old. We teach our young patients healthy habits to last a lifetime.
Whether you are new to the northwest Indiana area or you are just looking for a new dentist, Dr. Arnold and his team will make you feel right at home. We want to be your family dentist! Call today to schedule an appointment at Smiles by Arnold & Associates.